The Sharks are a puzzling, infuriating, confusing team this season. They've had modest winning and losing streaks. They've beaten some of the top teams in the league while also having a terrible tendency to surrender leads at the worst possible times. They shoot a lot but often have problems scoring, and they have defensive troubles but don't let their opponents take many shots on net. Both of the team's goalies have put up respectable numbers and yet the Sharks still hover around the bottom of the highly-competitive Pacific division.
The San Jose Sharks are a riddle wrapped in an enigma and smothered in secret sauce*. They've sent my mind off on a strange journey to the land of brainteasers, trivia, and puzzles, and you people are going to reap the rewards/suffer the consequences.
Keep your eyes on your own monitor, please - and no chewing gum.
Identify the unifying theme of each list of players or teams for one point and fill in the blank for another point.
, BLANK, , .,
2. Gretzky, Howe, Hull, Dionne, BLANK.
3. Oilers, BLANK, Nordiques, Jets.
4. Bourque, Dionne, BLANK, Gartner, Gretzky, Shanahan.
5. Red Wings, Panthers, Flyers, BLANK, Sabres.
6. Tkaczuk, BLANK, Hecht, Krupp, Ehrhoff.
7. Rangers, Stars, Avalanche, Red Wings, BLANK.
8. Howe, Bourque, BLANK, Mahovlich.
9. Devils, BLANK, Canucks, Flyers, Penguins.
10. Bruins, BLANK, Canadiens, Senators, Leafs.
Guess away in the comments section below. Answers will (probably) be posted later today.
Prediction: The Stars flunk this quiz and the game. The Sharks win 4-1. Goals by Vlasic, Marleau, Heatley, and Nichol.
* = Name the source of this quote without looking it up and win...respect. Or something.