I was thinking last night (read: drank heavily and decided) that I should tell everyone why I love/hate each team in the Pacific. I for some reason though this would be best done in reverse alphabetical order.
Part one of five, The San Jose Sharks.
Why I love the Sharks:
1. Their jerseys have always been really super awesome. The teal looks great and the team has always looked really sharp, which is more than most teams can say, especially in the pacific division. The Sharks have never made us suffer through the indignity of Wild Wing bursting out of the ice, or having a burger king logo, or some cracked out coyote.
2. I've always kind of viewed the Sharks as a kind of sister team to the Ducks. Both are early 90's expansion teams overshadowed by the Gretzky era Kings. Both sucked balls until recent years. Both hate the Red Wings, a lot. Both were beaten to a pulp by Dallas in '08. Finally, both have put California on the map hockey wise.
3. Joe Pavelski is an epic bad ass, and I will forever like him as a player, especially when he wears the red white and blue. USA! USA! USA!
4. Women here in San Jose love the Sharks, and as a hockey player that makes getting into their pants easier. Thank you Sharks.
Why I hate the Sharks:
1. Patrick Marleau's eyebrows scare me.
2. Danny Heatley is a douche.
3. The unnecessary hate for Brian Campbell. It was obvious he didn't want to play here, yet when he was traded here he played his ass off anyway. Then when he signed somewhere else during the off season (like everyone knew he would) people boo him? I think he took it all in stride.
4. One time I was at a Kings@Sharks game, and I had to spend 20 minutes explaining to a guy what off sides was and he accused me of making it up. Seriously. He looked kinda like this, but more Steve Ott-ish.
5. Another time I was at a Ducks@Sharks game and everyone started chanting "BEAT L.A!" Fuck you guys. FUCK. YOU.
I'll do the others when I get around to it.