Part two of five in my reverse alphabetical series on why I love and hate each team in the pacific.
Firstly, why I love our Wiley (see what I did there?) neighbors in the desert.
1. They are eternal underdogs. No matter what the standings say they will never be the favorites. It's like beating up on your little brother for years, then when he grows up and knocks you silly, you don't care. He is your little brother and nothing will ever change that.
2. Ilya Bryzgalov. One of the funniest guys to ever barely speak English. Dude was a solid backup (and at times, starter) in Anaheim and finally got his opportunity in
Winnipeg Phoenix. Seeing as he is a vezina nominee I'd say thinks worked out pretty well. Oh, and he has impeccible taste in fashion.
3. They nearly beat Detroit in the first round. No seriously, look it up. A team of lovable misfits almost took down a perennial powerhouse using only sheer will and a bit of elbow grease. Respect. Yo.
5. I'm from the middle of the desert and grew up as the "hockey guy", and no one really cared about hockey until the Olympics, now all my high school friends have favorite teams and want to send me facebook messages talking about how much they love so and so or the game last night, etc. So I guess if I were an nhl franchise, I'd be Phoenix. Also Canada hates them. Fuck Canada.
Now why I hate the Coyotes.
1. This jersey
2. Wayne Gretzky was a horrible coach. Anyone who ever played a sport growing up probably had that coach that always yelled and never understood the kids and made you run laps for not winning.
3. I once dated a chick from Arizona. Fucking crazy bitch. She once stole the bumper off my car in order to get me to talk to her after we broke up.
4. The Phoenix Coyotes are in Glendale, not Phoenix. People in Arizona are nuts.
5. Uhhh.... Here's more women
Link to the full set for
RudKelly all you pervs.