In my continuing effort to theme all my gameday posts around my favorite movies, I've run into a bit of trouble. My 74th-favorite film of all time is Schindler's List. After thinking long and hard about what to write for today's gameday, I asked Rudy for advice. This turned out to be a mistake, and I was horrified by the incredibly offensive suggestions he offered. In the end I decided it was probably best to not try to make any Schindler's List hockey jokes at all due to the film's sensitive subject.
I mean any Schindler's List hockey jokes aside from the picture caption up there, of course. Sorry about that.
After the jump I'll do my best to wash that offensive taste out of your brain.
This is the newest commercial in the Sharks' "lousy" series. A couple of observations:
1. When Brent Burns looks directly at the camera his chin disappears, and he looks really funny.
2. Everyone knows pythons aren't poisonous, right? I had trouble suspending my disbelief for this commercial.
3. Though Brent Burns is indeed handling snakes in this video, he is not acting like what people normally mean when they say "snake handler." That usually refers to a fine gentleman like this. He's really being more of a "lousy wildlife expert."
4. Even though this commercial fails on several different levels, it's still hilarious and I love it.
5. I wish Brent Burns had been cast on "Two and a Half Men" instead of Ashton Kutcher.
Anyways, tonight the Sharks face the Islanders. The only thing that made this game exciting in the tiniest bit was the possibility of Nabokov starting against the Sharks, but since Nabby left his last game with a lower-body issue (right before the shootout, oddly) chances are this isn't going to happen. So there's really not much special about this game at all.
Prediction: Sharks win 7-4 in a very exciting game, just to prove me wrong. An obscure NHL record is broken as all eleven goals are scored by Jewish players.