This image is hypnotic. I can't look away.
- I've noticed that sometimes on hockey blogs authors just do a bunch of bullet points rather than trying to have a cohesive story with a central theme. That seems way easier, and I'm sleepy, so I'm going to try that.
- Oh yeah, that feels good.
- In their last ten games, the Sharks are 8-2. The Red Wings are 7-3. The stupid Coyotes are also 8-2, which is why they're still ahead of the Sharks in the Pacific. In fact the only Pacific division team without a winning record in its last ten games is Dallas, which has gone 2-7-1.
- Dallas sucks, and it brings me joy.
- Seriously, how great will it be if Dallas misses the playoffs after leading the Pacific for most of the year? Giving their fans false hope and then finishing the season with a whimper, missing the playoffs but not low enough in the standings to get a great draft pick. I couldn't have scripted it better myself.
- Whenever you search SB Nation for Sharks - Red Wings pictures, you get page after page from the playoff series last season. It's wonderful.
- Scott Nichol is hurt, and may or may not be playing tonight. At first he wasn't even supposed to be making the road trip with the Sharks, but then he did, so who knows? Todd McLellan is very evasive.
- Vlasic and Huskins are also hurt to varying degrees. Huskins probably won't play tonight, but Vlasic should be ready.
Antero Niittymaki, the Incredible Glass-Man, continues to be confined to his iron lung. We all wish him good luck in his ongoing fight against polio.
- Did anybody happen to just skim past the picture on the top of this post, with Douglas Murray looming behind Filppula? Go check it out again. Valtteri Filppula looks totally flimsy, and, in fact, exact like I would expect someone to look if their name is "Valtteri Filppula." It's hilarious.
- The Sharks have three games in four nights on the road against tough opponents. Will Niemi get to rest and will we finally see Carter Hutton play a game? We don't know. Todd McLellan could compete in the evasive Olympics. (The evasive Olympics are held every 3-5 years, but it's sparsely attended because nobody ever knows where or when it is happening).
- In my final bit of
plagiarismcommentary on the new Working the Corners story, Joe Thornton, in discussing the challenging opponents on the upcoming road trip, said "Detroit is always tough and Pittsburgh has been playing hard lately." Pittsburgh is only 4-5-1 in their last ten, so maybe Joe was just being polite.
- You know those new Chrysler commercials that started during the Super Bowl, with the cool music and the inspiring shots of Detroit? They're airing all the time now and I keep waiting for them to show Eminem again, but I guess he was only in it the first time the commercial was on. Anyways they make Detroit look pretty awesome but I'm confident that with that music and editing you could make Hell itself seem like a nice place to visit.
- Prediction: Bullets! Sharks win 4-3, with goals from Couture, Heatley, Clowe, and Wallin.