Hi everyone. My name is Andi and I'm a staff writer for Mile High Hockey, the Avs SB Nation blog. This summer, I'm hoping to run a series of stories focusing on getting to know the other 29 teams in the league from the perspective of their fans. First up is the Anaheim Ducks. Sharks and Kings fans, don't worry - I'll be back in a couple weeks to get your side of the story. But as for any Ducks fans out there, I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out by answering some of these questions. I'm just here to learn a little more about your club, so any opinions or information you'd be willing to share would be great!
1. In 3 words, how would you sum up your team?
2. What is your team's preferred playing style, and what do they look like when they're "playing their game"?
3. Why are you a fan of the Ducks? Is it because of their playing style, current players, history, location, or something else?
4. Which position is your team the deepest at? Is there one that one that still needs to be improved?
5. Who's your most underrated player and which players are the biggest fan favorites? On the other side, is there a player that just kinda irritates you for whatever reason?
6. If you could magically acquire any player in the league, who would you choose and why? Is there an Avalanche player you'd not mind seeing on your roster?
7. Do you have any prospects in your system that you're really excited about?
8. How good of a job is your GM is doing? What about your coaches and scouting/player development staff?
9. What is the biggest issue you'd like to see your team address either this off-season or early next year?
10. What do you think your lines are going to look like opening night?
11. As a fan of another team, how would you describe the Avalanche? When you look at your schedule and see that you're playing us, what sort of a game do you expect?
12. Are there any teams and/or players in the league that you just can't stand?
13. And finally - last season, what happened? On paper at least, your roster looks really solid, but you're still picking 6th overall. What caused the drop? Has the problem been fixed, or is it something you'll have to deal with this season as well?
Oh, and due to popular demand on our blog (mostly from non-Avs fans, actually), I should probably include this question from Avalangelist as well:
Thanks for your time and good luck at the Draft!