Monday night's game was a disaster.
Outside of Hiller, most of the Ducks didn't appear to even bother to show up, and as a result lost a game they deserved to lose. By tying the series at 2, the Wings have turned this in to a best out of 3 series, starting tonight. If the Ducks play the way they did on Monday, the entire momentum of the series, once solidly in the Ducks' favor, shifts over to the Wings.
This is all very depressing, I know. In order to help make you feel better, here are some facts about Detroit that will put your life in to perspective. At the end of the day, at least you don't live in Motown.
Fun Facts About Detroit
- Unemployment rate as of February 2013: 18%
- Estimated median household income in 2009: $26,098 (it was $29,526 in 2000)
- A poll from last year named Detroit America's least popular city, out of 21 major metropolises (only 22% of respondents view it favorably, and 49% had a negative view)
- Detroit's murder rate rose 10% last year, a total of 379 homicides (out of a population of 706,585 - the second highest for a city of more than 200,000 residents after New Orleans)
- Insane Clown Posse was spawned in Detroit
- The suicide rate in Michigan is actually on the lower end, but Dunn assured me that this is because its citizens are too poor to afford guns or rope with which to kill themselves.
- Ranked no. 2 on city-data.com's list of "Top 100 least-safe cities"
I could go on, but you get the point. It's no wonder why people in Detroit were so excited about Monday's win; it's all they've got.
Gameday Prediction: Hiller makes a lot of saves.