The last time the Winnipeg Jets played in Los Angeles Bill Clinton was president, The Simpsons were still funny, and Kings fans were optimistic about Aki Berg. It was a pretty crazy time. More perspective:
- Nintendo 64 still was a few months away from release. I was still in the throws of renting Super Mario RPG from Blockbuster for the Super NES.
- I was a dodge-ball champion.
- Nobody on the Kings' current roster was in the NHL. Willie Mitchell was in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League playing for the Melfort Mustangs.
- The Mustangs' current roster features eight players that weren't even born.
- Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson were four.
- Dwight King was only mutilating neighborhood animals at this point.
- Teemu Selanne was still playing for his favorite team.
- Shane Doan was introduced to L.A. and they have enjoyed a friendly relationship ever since.
- The Sharks were in last place of the Pacific.
- Smash Mouth's Fush Yu Mang, Limp Bizkit's Three Dollar Bill, Yall', and Sugar Ray's Floored hadn't even come out yet to usher in a new golden era of music. That was 1997.
- The glow puck!
Jerk-Off 2014 QUARTER FINALS
Second group, same premise. Six jerks enter, two survive in further jerkitude. Here's today's bunch of a fuck-nuts.
Shane Doan, Phoenix Coyotes
The Jets' jerk of the past.
Evander Kane, Winnipeg Jets
The Jets' jerk of the present.
Max Lapierre, St. Louis Blues
Okay, I'm actually surprised he made it in over David Backes. Strong San Jose contingency with that vote I guess.
Biggest jerk in size.
Outside of Corey Perry, Marchand may be the most pesky guy left in this.
Jeremy Roenick, NHL on NBC
Prediction: I re-watch Braveheart.