Phoenix Coyotes (24-20-5) at San Jose Sharks (35-6-5)
7:30 PM, PST
Typical gameday posts talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent, the trends the Sharks are facing, injury updates, and so on.
Not this time. As requested, here are the rules of the Sharks Drinking Game that is often referred to on TV. This fellow over here keeps a complete list, including plays and game moments (which I don't count...it's strictly a Randy and Drew thing for me). Here are the main rules:
Drink whenever Randy or Drew say the following:
Add one more drink if he says "the lovely and talented Dan Rusanowsky."
That covers the official rules. As the site owner hasn't updated since 2007 (AKA The Ron Wilson Era), here are a few rules of my own.
- Drink when the Drew's Clues segment is introduced.
- Drink when Drew apologizes when he admits the refs were right and he was wrong.
- Drink when Drew complains about Ehrhoff shooting the puck high or wide (not as necessary this season).
- Drink when Drew counts the number of players via telestrater on a Too Many Men penalty.
- Drink when Drew mumbles something so low that it's unintelligible.
- And just for games against the Coyotes, drink whenever the camera shows Wayne Gretzky screaming, yelling, grimmacing, or doing anything to express his fury.
Now, your challenge as a dedicated BoC reader -- play the Sharks Drinking Game and leave comments as you're playing. Oh, the wackiness that will ensue.
Prediction: Sharks 4, Coyotes 3 in overtime (the extra point in the standings hurts the Ducks' cause). Goals by Marleau, Ehrhoff (who didn't shoot wide), Clowe, and Grier.