Yesterday, Dunn discussed the fascinating tale of a thrice-cancelled Kanye West show in Vancouver. This was because, understandably, Kanye West hates Vancouver and everyone who has ever lived in Vancouver.
But he's not the only one. Just look at some of these headlines...
- Fans Riot After Guns N' Roses Tour Kickoff Canceled; Vancouver police arrive on scene with attack dogs.
- DJ Tiesto postpones Vancouver show hours before taking the stage
- Cheap Trick Cancels Vancouver Show over Stage Concerns
- Lil Wayne Cancels Vancouver & Edmonton Concerts
- Justin Bieber Cancels His Show In Vancouver Today
- Eminem cancels Vancouver show
- Japandroids Doesn't Love Vancouver's Music Scene
- EMELI SANDÉ In Vancouver: Cancelled Show
- WWE Cancels Supershow in British Columbia
- Tegan & Sara Banter - Sara Doesn't Like Vancouver
- Jonas Brothers concert cancelled
- HATEBREED Vancouver Show Cancelled
- Unforgettable Tour cancelled in Vancouver!
- The Smashing Pumpkins' Vancouver Show Cancelled
- SEBASTIAN BACH: Vancouver Show Cancelled
- Immolation Vancouver Show Cancelled, Gig Moved To Victoria
... And these headlines came up with just a few pages of Google search results. So clearly you can't just blame Kanye's cancellations on him just being a giant asshole. Nobody wants to play Vancouver.
"So what," asks the Indignant Vancouvan. "These 'artists' are all terrible anyway!"
While many of these acts are in fact awful, sir, the reason only terrible acts cancel is because good artists aren't desperate enough to setup Vancouver gigs to begin with.
They know better.
The NHL Cancels all Vancouver games.
To help commemorate the Ducks' 20th year this season, each gameday I'll be posting a clip of a classic moment from the team's history against that night's opponent. Here is today's...
Game one of the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Western Conference Semifinals.