As we all learned on Friday, the franchise has extended the contract of Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf for 8 years at $66 million dollars, an average of $8.25 million a year.
I don't need to tell you that this is a shitload of money.
Since none of us will ever see $8.25 million, it's hard for us to contextualize it. So today I thought we could take a look at some of the things which that amount of money might buy, in order to put it all in to perspective.
- Almost 16 years of Ben Lovejoy
- About 235,715 of Meg's man-purses
- Approximately 4,125,000 burritos
- Around 17,934,783 US postage stamps
- About 2,062,500 six-packs of cheap beer
- Six beers at Staples Center
- Almost 340 Toyota Priuses for Earl Sleek
- Approximately 4,187,817 cans of spray paint for Dunn to huff
- About 1,979,842 gallons of gas
- Nearly 917 funeral services for Rudy Kelly (RIP).