We here at Battle of California have a long history of exposing the St. Louis Blues franchise and their fans as racist, anti-Semitic bigots, as we have always been heralded as champions of justice. However, I was surprised (okay, not really) to learn that this hatred extends beyond Blues fans, and we find it in the hearts of St. Louis Cardinals fans as well. Presumably, it stretches far into the St Louis populace, beyond just sports fans, and every single St. Louis resident is a wretched, hateful soul. Presumably.
Just what am I talking about? Well since I'm a lazy blogger and because this is a weekend post and nobody reads those, I'm going to let someone much better than me do all the work. Actually, he already did all of the work, I'm just copying it over here.
Below is a video that Deadspin blogger Tom Ley found, and everything quoted below is his work. You can find his original article here, and you should do him the courtesy of giving him a pageview since I am so rudely stealing his work (sorry, Tom).
We thank Tom for providing further evidence of what we've been saying all along: St. Louis is a worthless white supremacist shithole.
Tom begins his article by giving brief background about the "Ferguson, Mo., police officer who shot an unarmed teenager named Mike Brown to death in August" (no, not that Mike Brown) and the protest that attempted to address this murder outside of the Cardinals' 10/6/2014 home playoff game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cardinals fans, being hateful idiots, "clashed with a small group of protesters who want to see Wilson prosecuted."
Here is a long video that was caught of this confrontation (via Argus Streaming News), followed by Tom's summary of the more "egregious cases of Cardinals fans being shitty below."
(Again, the below is from Tom Ley's Deadspin article here, which I will remind you once again deserves a ton of pageviews)...
- We start off with a bang. At about the 22-second mark, an old white Cardinals fan begins telling the protesters-all of whom appear to be black-that they need to get jobs. He looks right in the camera, proudly, and says, "That's right! If they'd be working, we wouldn't have this problem!"
- At about the 1:30 mark, the crowd of Cardinals fans begin drowning out the protesters' chants with a "Let's go Cardinals!" chant. Well, they could be saying worse things...
- At the 2:40 mark, they start saying much worse things. The "Let's go Cardinals!" chant has turned into a "Let's go Darren!" chant. Cool.
- At 8:10 one of the Cardinals fans calls one of the protesters a "crack head" and tells him he needs to go see a dentist.
- At 8:50 the "Let's go Cardinals" chant starts up again.
- At 9:05 one of the Cardinals fans starts telling one of the protesters that if he ever "saw him in the street" he would "look at the ground." They argue for a bit about who would and would not whip whose ass.
- At about 10:25 a small blonde lady starts yelling at the protesters: "We're the ones who gave all y'all the freedoms that you have!"
- At about 12:14 an older female Cardinals fan begins telling the man holding the camera, who claims he is a former Marine, that she doesn't believe he is a veteran. The conversation does not go well for her.
- At 14:54, the Cardinals fans start in on a very loud "USA! USA! USA!" chant.
- At 16:07, another Cardinals fan begins yelling at the protesters, telling them that they need to get jobs.
- At 16:43, a female Cardinals fan begins chanting "Africa! Africa! Africa!" at the protesters.
- At 17:10, a Cardinals fans tells the protesters that they need to remove their hats and pull up their pants.
Thanks again, Tom Ley! You're doing the Lord's work.
Blues @ Ducks
Sunday, Oct 19, 2014, 5:00 PM PDT
The Blues refuse to play unless Emerson Etem and Devante Smith-Pelly are benched; Ducks lose 3-1 without their presence.
In hindsight, the Ducks organization admits that it was a little bizarre that they entertained the Blue's request.