From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Theatrical release poster|
|Directed by||David Koepp|
|Produced by||Christi Dembrowski
|Screenplay by||Eric Aronson|
by Kyril Bonfiglioli
|Edited by||Jill Savitt|
Mad Chance Productions
Odd Lot Entertainment
|Running time||106 minutes|
Mortdecai is a 2015 American action comedy film directed by David Koepp and written by Eric Aronson. The film is adapted from the book anthologyMortdecai written by Kyril Bonfiglioli. It stars Johnny Depp in the title role and also features Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor, Olivia Munn, Jonny Pasvolsky,Paul Bettany, and Jeff Goldblum. The film was released by Lionsgate on January 23, 2015. The film is the third collaboration between Depp and Bettany, following 2014's Transcendence and 2010's The Tourist. It is also the second collaboration between Depp and Koepp, following the 2004 psychological thrillerSecret Window.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Production
- 4 Marketing and promotion
- 5 Release
- 6 Reception
- 7 Future
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Juggling some angry Russians, the British MI5, his leggy wife and an international terrorist, debonair art dealer and part time lover Charlie Mortdecai must traverse the globe, armed only with his good looks, "special charm" and his formidable manservant Jock Strapp, in a race to recover a stolen painting containing the code to a lost bank account.
- Johnny Depp as Charlie Mortdecai
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Johanna Mortdecai
- Ewan McGregor as Inspector Martland
- Olivia Munn as Georgina Krampf
- Jonny Pasvolsky as Emil Strago
- Paul Bettany as Jock Strapp
- Jeff Goldblum as TBA
- Nicholas Farrell as TBC
- Aubrey Plaza as Paula
- Oliver Platt as Barry
- Tom Hardy as Lola
- Guy Burnet as Maurice
Parts of the film were shot on location at Hedsor House in the UK  where three of the stars of the film - Johnny Depp, Olivia Munn, and Paul Bettany - were filming scenes in Hedsor House's Boudoir and Bridal Suites.
Marketing and promotion
A photo from the film featuring Depp was revealed on May 8, 2014. The first trailer for the film was released on August 12, attached to The Expendables 3. The second trailer was released on November 12 and was attached to Dumb and Dumber To, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, Horrible Bosses 2, Top Five, and The Gambler.
Mortdecai has been critically panned. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a rating of just 9%, based on 43 reviews, with an average rating of 3/10. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 23 out of 100, based on 13 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
On February 7, 2014, Lionsgate announced that they would be creating a franchise of the film.
- Jump up^ "MORTDECAI (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. December 22, 2014. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Jump up^ Pamela McClintock (January 21, 2015). "Box Office Preview: 'American Sniper' Set to Slay Johnny Depp's 'Mortdecai'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- Jump up^ "Filming Begins on David Koepp’s Action-Comedy MORTDECAI Starring Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Ewan McGregor". Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- Jump up^ "Watch Johnny Depp In 'Mortdecai' Movie Trailer [VIDEO] Gwyneth Paltrow, Olivia Munn, Ewan McGregor Costar In New Comedy". Mstarz.com. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "Mortdecai Cast and Crew". Nytimes.com.
- Jump up^ "Principal Photography Begins for Mortdecai, Starring Johnny Depp". comingsoon.net. 21 October 2013. Retrieved23 October 2013.
- Jump up^ "Mortdecai Starring Johnny Depp Begins Production in London". movieweb.com. 21 October 2013. Retrieved23 October 2013.
- Jump up^ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2500316/Johnny-Depp-looks-groomed-shoots-latest-film-London.html
- Jump up^ "Hedsor House used in the film Mortdecai (2015)". Hedsor House. 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- Jump up^ DAVIS, EDWARD (8 May 2014). "First Look: Johnny Depp Gets Mustachioed & Debonair In Spy Thriller Comedy 'Mortdecai'".indiewire.com. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Jump up^ Anderton, Ethan (August 12, 2014). "Johnny Depp Doesn't Need Help with His Bags in 'Mortdecai' Trailer". firstshowing.net. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Jump up^ http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=117447
- Jump up^ Lang, Brent (September 24, 2014). "Johnny Depp Comedy ‘Mortdecai’ Shifts to January 2015 Release Date". variety.com. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- Jump up^ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mortdecai/
- Jump up^ http://www.metacritic.com/movie/mortdecai
- Jump up^ Lang, Brent (February 7, 2014). "Johnny Depp ‘Mortdecai’ Has Franchise Written All Over It, Lionsgate Says". thewrap.com. Retrieved September 25, 2014.